Chartered in 2006, Michigan’s Construction Quality Partnership (CQP) reflects the innovative spirit and commitment to construction quality excellence embraced by state and local road agencies, and the contractors and designers of Michigan’s road and bridge network.
The CQP is a partnership of the following groups:
- Michigan Department of Transportation
- United States Department of Transportation
- County Road Association of Michigan
- Michigan Municipal League
- Michigan Infrastructure and Transportation Association
- Michigan Road Preservation Association
- Michigan Concrete Association
- Asphalt Pavement Association of Michigan
- American Council of Engineer Companies of Michigan
The CQP grew out of warranty discussions and represented a paradigm shift from specification enforcement and end-product inspection to continual quality process control at all stages; specifications, design, building and construction.
The partnership focused on enhancements to specifications, improving design processes and warranties and developing operations committees and training programs. Today, with the other components of the partnership a grand success, MDOT and contractors have shifted the emphasis to a continuing process of education (training) and evaluation.